1. Most dust particles in your home are your own dead skin. (Tweet this Fact)
2. Newborn babies are given to the wrong mother in the hospital 12 times a day worldwide. (Tweet this Fact)
3. A duck’s quack will not have echos, the reason til now is unknown. (Tweet this Fact)
4. There are between 5,000 and 7,000 tigers kept as pets in the United States. (Tweet this Fact)
5. Sharks can smell one drop of blood from up to a mile away. (Tweet this Fact)
6. Ancient Egyptians slept on pillows made of stone. (Tweet this Fact)
7. A paper cannot be folded in half more than 13 times.
(Tweet this Fact)
8. You have approximately 4,000 wax glands in each ear. (Tweet this Fact)
9. Heating up a rock in the microwave oven will cause the rock to explode.
10. In space, astronauts are unable to cry or shed tears because there’s no gravity pull for tears to come out.
11. Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.
12. “Sixth Sick Sheik’s Sixth Sheep’s Sick” is one of the hardest sentences to pronounce in the English language.
13. It is impossible to lick your elbow.
14. Seawater contains up to 50Kg of gold dissolved per every cubic kilometer.
15. The song ‘Happy Birthday to You’ is copyrighted.
16. You see your nose at all times, your brain just chooses to ignore it.
17. A newborn kangaroo is about 1 inch long and weighs less than a gram.
18. The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of carbon dioxide gas bubbles bursting.
19. Mosquito don’t just bite you. They also urinate on you after sucking your blood.
20. Ink for your printer is literally more expensive than blood.
21. The cost of a standard NASA spacesuit is about $12 million.
22. And the cost of Space Shuttle Discovery was 196 billion USD.
23. Japan uses 24 billion pairs of disposable chopsticks each year, China uses 45 billion – That’s 25 million trees used every year.
24. More than one in every 10 banknotes in circulation in Britain is contaminated with cocaine.
25. There are more plastic flamingos in the U.S. than real ones.
26. The pistol shrimp makes such a loud noise that it can kill fish.
27. It is impossible to hum if your nose is plugged.
28. A Kiwi bird is similar in size to a chicken, but its egg is six times bigger than a chicken egg.
29. There is a village in England called bitchfield.
30. Koalas actually eat their mom’s poop.
31. If you smell something, molecules from that object are sticking to the inside of your nose.
32. The chance of you dying on the way to get your lottery tickets is actually greater than your chance of winning.
33. More than 40,000 parasites and 250 types of bacteria can be exchanged in one kiss.
34. Approximately 2,500 left handed people die every year as a result of using equipment designed for right handed people.
35. 15% of the air you breathe in an average metro station is human skin.
36. There are over 200 corpses on Mount Everest and they are used as way points for climbers.
37. The Romans used crushed mouse brains as toothpaste.
38. Mario’s name used to be “Jumpman”.
39. To burn off 1 M&M candy, you need to walk the full length of a football field.
40. Every unborn baby grows a moustache in the womb, which then spreads to cover the entire body. The baby then eats this fine hair called lanugo and excretes it after birth with their first bowel movement, which is a substance called meconium.
41. If you’re attacked by a bear, it won’t try to kill you like other predators would, it’ll just start eating.
42. Cockroaches can live for weeks without their heads before they starve to death.
43. Astronauts in orbit feel weightless because they are constantly falling, not because there is no gravity in space.
44. Tomatoes are a fruit.
45. Alcohol kills more people than all illegal drugs combined.
46. The top richest 1% of Americans own 42% of the nation’s wealth, while the bottom 80% own just 7%.
47. There is only one place you can tickle yourself: the roof of your mouth.
48. You swallow a quart of saliva every day.
49. Every day, 150-200 species go extinct (but they’re mostly bacteria).
50. Mouse sperm is larger than elephant sperm.